Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Longwave Club of America
This forum is, for all practical purposes, closed. You can read old messages but not reply or add new ones.
No new registrations will be accepted for this forum. Please use the original LW Message Board.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Receiver Selection (Read 6931 times)
keithb

The world of radio
below 500kHz.

Receiver Selection
05/15/10 at 01:33:37

Hello group -  
I am planning to purchase a receiver for natural radio and have so far checked out the web-pages for North Country Radio, Project Inspire, and the Steve McGreevy WR-3. As a newcomer to this aspect of reception, can someone offer guidance on the merits (or otherwise) of these receivers - or suggest an alternative?  

Regards,
Keith VA3QF
CAMBRIDGE, Ontario
EN93tj

« Last Edit: 05/15/10 at 03:46:12 by Administrator »  
Email   IP Logged
Geek

Longwave is
loooooong!

Re: Receiver Selection
Reply #1 - 05/16/10 at 02:15:13

Didn't Mike Mideke (sp?) make a bunch of receivers for that?

Might be a back issue here on one of his projects, or on the web.

Cheers!

-= Gregg =-
  IP Logged
KU4XR

The world of radio
below 500kHz.

Re: Receiver Selection
Reply #2 - 05/21/10 at 16:42:10

It may not be the ultimate, but not to be overlooked at least as a starting point; Your PC, with a good sound card, using the " Soft Radio " software of your choice that will make your sound card act as a receiver, and the antenna of your choice connected to the sound card input. I use WinRad for the software, and it works exceptionally well with WinXP, and my sound card. For the antenna; I have used my 15 meter lowFER vertical, as well as my crossed 80 dipole/160 Windom and had respectable results. It is at least an option that you probably have at your disposal right now with out having to do any cash outlay.  73, and good luck: Andy - KU4XR

Email   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print